- With restructuring done, GE’s Flannery turns sights to fixing power business, GE Capital
- Russia releases videos hyping its new hypersonic weapons just days after Putin and Trump meet
- Trump Ramps Up Trade War Rhetoric with China
- The 10 best burgers in America, according to TripAdvisor
- Risk Neutral: Poised to Go Either Way in Short-Term
A blast in an industrial park in a southwestern province has killed 19 people and injured 12 others, China’s official Xinhua News Agency said Friday.
The blast occurred at the Yibin Hengda Technology Co., a chemical plant in an industrial park in the city of Yibin in Sichuan province at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Xinhua said.
Continue Reading Below
Xinhua cited the Jiang’an county government as saying the fire was put out on Friday morning and the injured were in stable condition.
Efforts have been made to improve work safety standards but deadly industrial accidents remain common in China, where enforcement of safety regulations can sometimes be lax.