- Crop chop: China shuns U.S. soybeans amid trade war, turns to Brazil
- U.S. has most to lose from trade war, China would benefit: ECB
- Saudi Arabia to offer visitor visa for special events from December
- Report: Global trade war would hurt US the most
- Stock futures trade cautiously ahead of Fed decision
A blast in an industrial park in a southwestern province has killed 19 people and injured 12 others, China’s official Xinhua News Agency said Friday.
The blast occurred at the Yibin Hengda Technology Co., a chemical plant in an industrial park in the city of Yibin in Sichuan province at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Xinhua said.
Continue Reading Below
Xinhua cited the Jiang’an county government as saying the fire was put out on Friday morning and the injured were in stable condition.
Efforts have been made to improve work safety standards but deadly industrial accidents remain common in China, where enforcement of safety regulations can sometimes be lax.