- Asian shares advance following strong Wall Street finish
- Australian rail workers plan strikes that could hit key coal haulage tracks
- Defying Trump, U.S. Senate advances measure to end support for Saudis in Yemen
- NBA roundup: Irving, Celtics sink Wizards in OT
- Oil pipeline opponents look past Minnesota regulators
Bank of America is scheduled to release its first-quarter results Monday before the bell.
Here’s what Wall Street is expecting from the bank:
—Earnings: 59 cents a share expected by Thomson Reuters
—Revenue: $23.059 billion forecast
—Net interest income: $11.69 billion forecast by StreetAccount
—Net interest margin: 2.44 percent expected
—Fixed income trading revenue: $2.92 billion forecast
Bank of America shares are up about 1 percent for the year, outperforming rival Citigroup, which is down 4.6 percent in 2018.
The banking giant made news last week after Vice Chairman Anne Finucane told Bloomberg the bank has let its gun-maker clients know “it’s not our intent to underwrite or finance military-style firearms.” Finucane made her remarks after 17 students and teachers died in a shooting at a Florida high school.