- Clashes rock Beirut as security forces fire tear gas at protest
- Boeing reportedly nears decision on cutting or halting 737 Max production
- IFF to merge with DuPont’s $26.2 billion nutrition unit
- Disney+ to debut late March in France in exclusive deal with Canal+
- Comey admits he was wrong about Carter Page wiretap: 'There was real sloppiness'
Daniel Loeb, Third Point
Steve Marcus | Reuters
Daniel Loeb’s activist hedge fund Third Point called on Sony on Thursday to spin off its entertainment and semiconductors businesses into separate companies, the second time in six years it has targeted the Japanese electronics maker.
Sony should also consider selling its stakes in Sony Financial Holdings, M3, Olympus and Spotify Technology, Third Point said in a public letter to investors.
Sony did not immediately respond to a request for comment.