- Reports of "scabies, shingles and chickenpox" at border facility prompt calls for answers
- Jeffrey Epstein may appear in court Monday on sex trafficking charges
- Eye Opener: Pair of earthquakes rocks California
- Hide out in this chipmaker stock in case of semiconductor weakness, expert says
- Huawei outlines investment plans in Poland depending on 5G role
Daniel Loeb, Third Point
Steve Marcus | Reuters
Daniel Loeb’s activist hedge fund Third Point called on Sony on Thursday to spin off its entertainment and semiconductors businesses into separate companies, the second time in six years it has targeted the Japanese electronics maker.
Sony should also consider selling its stakes in Sony Financial Holdings, M3, Olympus and Spotify Technology, Third Point said in a public letter to investors.
Sony did not immediately respond to a request for comment.