- Kudlow: December tariffs could be removed if U.S.-China trade talks go well
- Companies reach tentative deal to settle opioids lawsuit
- Botswana faces first close election contest since independence
- Threats Against Trump Family Member Gets Man Prison Time
- British PM pushes for Brexit deal vote after being forced to seek delay
Firearm-related stocks are back in focus after background checks hit a new record in August rising 15.5 percent, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF).
Continue Reading Below
Companies including Sturm Ruger, American Outdoor Brands and Vista Outdoors are attracting fresh investor attention.
|AOBC||AMERICAN OUTDOOR BRANDS||6.54||-0.08||-1.21%|
|VSTO||VISTA OUTDOOR INC||5.83||-0.13||-2.18%|
August saw 2,341,363 checks conducted through the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System, according to NSSF. That’s an unadjusted figure that does not account for gun permit checks and rechecks by numerous states who use the system. The number of checks is a big leap from August 2018, which saw an unadjusted number of 2,026,309 checks.
In August, following mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton, President Trump pushed for Democrats and Republicans to come together on background check legislation.