- These 6 GM vehicles are ending production
- United Technologies CEO: This was the 'magic moment' when we decided to break up the company
- United Technologies' CEO thinks the Fed should keep raising interest rates
- Employee shot dead in Pennsylvania municipal building
- Higher-than-expected viewership of 'The Match' reportedly forces refunds
CRESCO, Pa. — One person has been killed in a shooting inside a Pennsylvania municipal building. Pennsylvania State Police say it happened around 8:20 a.m. at the Paradise Township municipal building in the Pocono Mountains, about 100 miles north of Philadelphia, on a report of “shots fired.”
Trooper David Peters says one person was shot and killed. He says police took a man into custody.
Gary Konrath, chair of the township Board of Supervisors, told the Allentown Morning Call the person killed was a township employee.
“I’m pretty shook up,” Konrath told the paper. “You say this a hundred times, but you wouldn’t think it would happen here.”
The Monroe County coroner’s office is at the scene. State police said there was no further threat to the surrounding area.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.