- 3 Reasons to Loosen the Constraints of Your Bond Portfolio
- Rights group calls for Saudis to "immediately produce" Khashoggi's body
- Netflix's Strong Subscriber Growth Shows Last Quarter Was a Fluke
- Low Volatility Returns To The Limelight
- Netflix's biggest daredevil move could be making blockbuster comic book movies for theaters
NORTH HILLS, Calif. — The Los Angeles Police Department released video Monday of an officer-involved shooting that left the suspect dead and one officer wounded in the leg. The shooting happened during a traffic stop in North Hills, California, on the night of July 27, CBS Los Angeles reports.
The video shows the officer speaking to the suspect, 32-year-old Richard Mendoza. Mendoza appears to be following the unidentified female officer’s directions when she tells him to step out of the car.
Video then shows him pulling out a gun and shooting her in the leg. He then turned to shoot at her partner over the car.
Mendoza was shot in the head and the torso. He died at a hospital.
According to police, Mendoza was a gang member and had previous convictions on drug and gun charges.
The officer was treated for a gunshot wound to the leg.
The shooting remains under investigation, according to the LAPD.
© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.