- Iran's president says Trump's White House is "afflicted by mental retardation"
- Head of Instagram on deepfakes: "I don't feel good about it"
- Lawyer suggests mom staged own disappearance
- AbbVie to buy Botox-maker Allergan in a $63 billion cash-and-stock deal
- SpaceX caught the nose cone of its Falcon Heavy rocket for the first time in the net of a boat
Disney is taking full control of Hulu, extending the reach of its streaming abilities.
Disney said Tuesday that it’s taking operational control of the streaming service immediately.
NBCUniversal owns 33% of Hulu right now. According to the agreement, Disney can demand NBCUniversal sell the remaining stake to Disney for its fair market value in the future. Disney has guaranteed a sale price that represents a minimum total equity value of $27.5 billion.
Walt Disney Co. and Comcast Corp. also agreed to fund Hulu’s recent purchase of AT&T Inc.’s 9.5% interest in Hulu.