- Mexico suspends charter company in Cuba airliner crash
- Bitcoin resembles currency experiments that failed: Robert Shiller
- EU official sees trade deal with Mercosur toward year-end
- With North Korea summit on shaky ground, Trump to press South Korean leader
- Exclusive: Ousted MGM CEO explores bid for the U.S. movie studio – sources
David Einhorn’s Greenlight Capital took sizable new stakes in the beaten down retailer Office Depot as well as the clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch during the first quarter, according to a regulatory filing.
The hedge fund reported holding 2.1 million shares of Office Depot and 212,500 shares of Abercrombie. It also reported new holdings of IAC Interactive (249,700 shares) and PayPal (67,000). In contrast, Carl Icahn exited out of the remaining 8 million shares of PayPal he had, a position he has been cutting since last year.
Office Depot shares are down 33 percent this year, while shares of Abercrombie are up more than 48 percent.