- Brexit day of reckoning: parliament to vote on Johnson’s deal
- Driver who fatally struck 3 siblings is found guilty of reckless homicide
- Brother of Honduran president found guilty in U.S. drug trial
- China central bank says will continue to implement prudent monetary policies
- The US and China made 'substantial progress' at trade talks, Chinese vice premier says
FILE PHOTO: A woman walks past the headquarters of the People’s Bank of China (PBOC), the central bank, in Beijing, China September 28, 2018. REUTERS/Jason Lee/File Photo
October 19, 2019
SHANGHAI (Reuters) – China’s central bank will continue to implement prudent monetary policies and create an appropriate financial environment for high-quality economic growth, Governor Yi Gang said, according to the bank’s website.
Yi also said that China’s economic growth remains basically stable, despite facing downward pressure. The yuan currency is basically stable and credit is growing at a steady pace, he said.
Yi made the remarks during a G20 meeting in Washington held Oct 17-18, according to a statement posted on PBOC’s website on Saturday.
(Reporting by Samuel Shen and John Ruwitch)