- North Korea warns it could resume missile and nuclear tests
- North Korea says nuclear talks at risk if U.S.-South Korea exercises go ahead
- Migration from eastern Europe raises German population to record high
- Hong Kong office transactions, leasing drop in second quarter: property consultancy
- Man whose family died in Boeing 737 Max crash: Scrap the jet
Rapper Cardi B pleaded not guilty to CBS New York reported.stemming from an alleged attack on a bartender at a Queens strip club. The 26-year-old appeared in Queens criminal court Tuesday after being indicted by a grand jury,
Police said Cardi B, whose real name is Belcalis Almanzar, and her entourage were at the club Aug. 29 when she argued with a bartender. They said a fight broke out in which chairs, bottles and hookah pipes were thrown, causing minor injuries to the woman and another employee.
She was previously facing misdemeanor charges but prosecutors presented the case to a grand jury after the rapper. She faces two felony counts of attempted assault.
The entertainer last appeared before a judge in Queens criminal court in May.
Cardi B’s lawyer claimed she didn’t harm anybody during the incident. The conditions of her parole were continued, including an order of protection for the complainants.