- Could We See $100 Oil Again? Yes, but Not for the Reason You Think
- Italy’s coalition partners meet to patch up tax amnesty row
- 3 Reasons to Loosen the Constraints of Your Bond Portfolio
- Kasatkina denies Tunisian Jabeur to lift Kremlin Cup
- Indian officials exchange blame for train plowing into festival crowd
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad meets with Iraqi Foreign Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari in Damascus, Syria October 15, 2018. SANA/Handout via REUTERS ATTENTION EDITORS – THIS IMAGE WAS PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY. REUTERS IS UNABLE TO INDEPENDENTLY VERIFY THIS IMAGE
October 20, 2018
MOSCOW (Reuters) – Syrian President Bashar al-Assad met representatives of Russia’s foreign and defense ministries in Damascus on Friday, Russia’s foreign ministry said in a statement on Saturday.
During the meeting, they discussed development of situation in Syria and reaffirmed their commitment to the “destruction of terrorist presence” and advancement toward a long-term political settlement in the interest of all Syrians.
(Reporting by Polina Devitt; editing by Jane Merriman)