- Audio tape purportedly of sobbing immigrant kids grabs spotlight
- 1 confirmed dead, dozens missing after ferry sinks
- Audi to resume crisis talks after CEO arrest: sources
- Escalating tariff tit-for-tat pummels European autos, industrials stocks
- China’s Xiaomi cuts valuation to $55 billion-$70 billion: sources
Micaela Bensko, who uses a wheelchair after a spinal injury, paid for access to a Virgin Atlantic lounge to lie down before her flight.
But an airline employee denied her access to the lounge, saying Bensko couldn’t come in with her service dog. Bensko was forced to lie down on the concrete floor of the airport instead.
According to the Americans with Disabilities Act, people with service animals are legally permitted to go anywhere the public is allowed to go.