- 5 civilians dead, 5 officers wounded in Illinois shooting
- Community learns sign language to engage with 2-year-old girl
- Wall Street Week Ahead: Profit estimates may be adding in too much cost risk
- Anonymous donor helps Gold Star family
- Legal challenges to Trump emergency declaration face uphill battle
Micaela Bensko, who uses a wheelchair after a spinal injury, paid for access to a Virgin Atlantic lounge to lie down before her flight.
But an airline employee denied her access to the lounge, saying Bensko couldn’t come in with her service dog. Bensko was forced to lie down on the concrete floor of the airport instead.
According to the Americans with Disabilities Act, people with service animals are legally permitted to go anywhere the public is allowed to go.